6 Best Toaster Oven Reviews 2017
Best Toaster Oven Reviews 2017 suggest Toaster Oven by high quality, cheap. Read our reviews before buying a Best Toaster Oven Reviews.
If you are tired of having to do your own personal research on any given health subject, then the lowly toaster oven can save you more than cooking time. It is a tried and true appliance. It requires that you transfer frozen foods into a baking pan, and that saves you the hassle of researching what type of plastic you are using.
What Are You Doing With Your Toaster Oven?
I rediscovered the benefits of my toaster oven by accident. My electric cook-pot died, and I could not find a a satisfactory replacement.It forced me to start experimenting with my toaster oven. I now make homemade soup for one in 20 minutes in my toaster oven.
I do a healthy egg fritata type of meal in my toaster oven. And reheating is perfect in the toaster oven. But for me, the most amazing discovery revolved around time and work. Doing a lot of writing on the computer leaves me with little desire to spend a lot of time cooking, or watching pots on the stove. Yet I do want to eat super healthy and nutritious foods.
It is so simple to make one-dish meals that go straight into the bake pan, then into the toaster oven; hit the bake control, and come back in 15 or 20 minutes to a delicious, nutritious meal. It couldn’t be easier. That baking time gives me just the right amount of time to stay focused on my writing, and I am not jumping up and down to check what’s cooking.
Are you a college student that wants to stay sharp and focused by eating healthier foods? You like me may find this is a super easy way to cook fresh and frozen food.Are you a senior cooking for one, and not enjoying it very much? You may find that rediscovering the toaster oven is the perfect answer to simplifying mealtime for yourself while eating healthier foods.
Detailed Review of Best Toaster Oven Reviews 2017.
Now that you have a better idea of what to look for in the Best Toaster Oven Reviews, you are on your way to choosing the right one. To help get you started, consider these top models.
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven
Benefits of a Good Toaster Oven
The word “best” is rather subjective. What is best for one person may not be best for another. And I personally only use reviews from places like Consumer’s Reports as a guidelines. Some of my favorite products never even get rated in Consumer’s Reports or Good Housekeeping, etc.
So, in discussing best toaster ovens, we will look first at quality. There are a number of toaster ovens where you will see customer reviews ping-ponging from 5 star to 1 star. If the one star ratings are based on some sort of malfunction, and also poor customer service, and they are numerous, I won’t waste your time including them in the reviews.
Some toaster ovens that will not be featured here are the Euro-Pro, and Deloughi, because there were too many negative customer reviews based on malfunction.
I highly recommend you take the time to read the reviews of the ovens you are considering. You may discover a detail that sways your decision, and makes all the difference in features for you. A quick tip: Most customer reviews allow you to select the exact star points. Always click on the one star, and count the number of malfunctioning units, and compare to the total number of reviews.
Here Are Some Questions To Help You Decide Which Model Is Right For You:
- Toasting, baking, broiling – are they of equal importance to you? (Some toasters are not as good toasting as baking).
- Do you want a tray that automatically pops out?.
- How important is auto shut-off?
- Do you want digital display?
- Digital controls or regular knobs?
- Do you want convection?
- Are you cooking for one?
- Are you a family and have youngsters that want to use the toaster oven?
- How important is the position of the crumb tray?
- What is your budget?
- How much of an issue is size and space?
- Check both inner and outer dimensions – some ovens are dramatically smaller inside.
Which Is More Practical – Toaster Oven or Microwave?
It is an accepted fact that most of us live a super-paced lifestyle. So we turn to modern conveniences like the microwave oven, to save us time. While it is great that we truly have time-saving appliances, is there an overlooked downside?
If you have ever been to a a holistic physician, you may have heard suggestions that microwaves can somehow change the nutrient composition, and leave you with much less nutrient value. Because of the lack of published information on this subject, we mention this in passing, not as a primary reason to transfer from microwave to toaster oven.
There are other issues that do not make the microwave oven as all-purpose as the toaster oven.
To name a few:
- You cannot brown in the microwave, without using accessories, and the results are never quite the same.
- Some foods, such as breads and fish turn out rubbery. So it is limited in the foods that can be cooked.
- You cannot use a variety of containers in the microwave. Number 1 no-no: metal items should never be used in a microwave. When metal is cooked in a microwave, it functions as an antenna for electrical current and can lead to fire or explosion. Items containing metal – twist ties with a metal center, metal pans, Chinese take-out containers, China plates with metallic trim or paint, and aluminum foil.Other containers that can cause problems in the microwave include brown paper bags, cottage cheese tubs, foam insulated cups or bowls and newspaper.
- Burnout and Superheating – Common Microwave malfunctionThe phenomenon known as burnout occurs when a microwave is set to cook with no food in the oven or if a dehydrated food is cooked. Burnout is when the magnetron tube of the microwave literally cooks itself and the poisonous beryllium is released after breaking.
- Superheating occurs when an object is heated above its boiling point, particularly in closed containers. When disturbed, the container may explode. This can happen with closed water containers and closed containers with eggs. When these items are disturbed after cooking, they may burst into the air and burn the user.
My main reasons for using a toaster oven instead of microwave
Cooking anything on a high setting, and particularly when placed in water, robs food of vital nutrients.
With all the discussion on harmful plastics, I just do not want to be in the position of having to do research on plastic. I simply do not use plastic in cooking.
Although research is not conclusive on whether microwaves damage our food, there is one area where research is very clear. Microwaves do not kill bacteria in food, particularly in meats.
When I am in doubt, I consult my favorite food nutrition site. If you would like a more detailed explanation, check out The World’s Healthiest Foods. George goes into detail on both plastics and bacteria issues.
A Closer Look At The Lowly Toaster Oven:
- You can use regular cooking pans.
- It heats all types of foods just like an ordinary oven, without heating the whole kitchen.
- It multi-tasks – toasts, bakes, broils, and many also include convection features which cook slightly faster, and more even because of air circulation.
- Toaster ovens are energy-efficient.
- In reality, it does not take much longer to cook than the microwave oven.
- All purpose oven for singles, from college students to seniors.
- Larger 6 slice ovens are almost replacing the regular oven with many families.
Hope you find my buying guide helpful. Thank for reading!
Incoming Search Terms:
- Best Toaster Oven 2017.
- Best toaster oven.
- Best toaster ovens.
- Best convection toaster oven.
- Best toaster ovens under $100.
- Best buy toaster oven.
- Best toaster oven reviews.
- Best rated toaster oven.
- Best small toaster oven.
- The best toaster oven.
- What is the best toaster oven.