Avocados: The Nature’s Gift For Human Health
Aren’t avocados unique? They look different and taste delicious! They can be termed as nature’s gift for our health as consumption of avocadoes can help our wellness in many ways.
The nutritious punch
Many of us like avocado salads and dressing because they are mouth watering! But do you know that avocadoes are packed with nutrients?
- Avocados contain Folates, Vitamin K, C, B5, B6, and E.
- Aside from all the vitamins, avocados are also rich in Manganese, Zinc, Copper, Phosphorus, Iron, Thiamine, Niacin and Riboflavin
- Avocados are enriched with high amount of healthy fat unlike other fruits that have more carbohydrates or sugar.
- Avocados are ideal for low-carb diet plans as they have high protein, fiber and low amounts of carbohydrates.
- Having all these nutrients make avocados the most healthy food one can eat
- Eating avocados will boost immunity and power to fight against infections
- Avocados are also said to be effective against cancer
- Avocados are good for pregnant women as it is high in Folates.
Are Avocados better than bananas?
Banana is rich in potassium- the very essential mineral that is required from our body to maintain the electrolyte balance and blood pressure. Avocados contain more amount of potassium than bananas. For every 100 grams serving of avocados, we can get 14% of potassium as compared to bananas (10%).
Eating more avocados can help us to maintain healthy cardiovascular system as the potassium content in avocados help to maintain blood pressure levels. Also avocados help our kidneys to function better as it contains good amount of potassium.
The good amount of fiber
Fiber is essential for digestion. High fiber content can improve our metabolism and avoid many metabolic diseases and stomach discomfort. Avocados contain high fiber content as much as 7 grams of fiber for every 100 grams of avocado serving!
- High amount of fiber is actually a blessing because when avocados are consumed one tends to feel full and he/she can benefit from it as a part of their weight loss routine.
- Fiber helps us to maintain our blood sugar level and avoid many other disorders. Eating avocados can help us to fight imbalance in blood sugar levels and metabolism.
Avocados for heart health
- Aside from being rich in potassium, avocados are reduce the amount of cholesterol in our body to a great extent
- Additionally, avocados can also provide “good cholesterol” or HDL cholesterol significantly (11%)
- Avocados are found to reduce the triglycerides in the blood to a good extent (20%)
- Heart patients with high amount of LDL cholesterol are benefitted by eating avocados as the fruit reduces LDL levels (22%)
- Overall cholesterol profile can benefit greatly by the consumption of avocados in the regular diet.
Super food that increases absorption capacity in the body
Any nutritious food is useless if it’s not absorbed into our system to be utilised to yield results. Our nutrient absorption capacity is of paramount to maintain good health. When we consume food the nutrients in them fall into two categories- fat soluble and water soluble nutrients.
Water soluble nutrients are dissolved in water to be absorbed by the body but fat soluble nutrients (vitamin A, D,C, E etc), need to be dissolved in fat to be absorbed by the body. Consuming avocados can help people to better absorb nutrients that are gained from other food items. Eating avocados is not only nutritious but it is also beneficial to gain nutrition from other foods.
Better eye health
Avocados not only help our metabolism, kidney function and cardiovascular system but studies have found that avocados can also be very good for our eye health. There are two important nutrients in avocados that help our eyes to stay healthy- Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
What do these nutrients do? They protect our eyes from the risks of muscular degeneration of the eye and cataracts. These conditions are commonly seen in the elderly and eating avocados can provide them protection against these eye ailments.
Cancer is one of the most fatal and painful disease that kills many people every year globally. There are many researches going on to amass knowledge about cancer-cure and prevention. Many studies suggest the benefit of eating avocados to prevent cancer.
Avocados not only help to prevent or inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the body but they also help a person heal after chemotherapy.
Avocados are found to be helpful for people with arthritis and obesity as it contains fiber and healthy fats. Before you start consuming avocados, check for any allergic reactions that you may have for them as few people experience allergic reactions to avocados. Bottom line is very simple- avocados are great for overall health and wellness of an individual when consumed regularly! Happy eating!