Health Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), which is a beautiful flowering plant often seen in places with cool climates, is usually seen as one of the main ingredients in beauty products and also in perfumes because of its distinctive sweet aroma. Aside from its wonderful scent, there are actually some amazing health benefits that you can get by using lavender.
Lavender essential oil is extracted out of the plant through a number of means and it is the typical ingredient used to lend lavender’s unique essence to natural soaps and other products.
If you are wondering what the health benefits of lavender essential oil are, here are a few examples:
- It can cure insomnia. If you are suffering from insomnia or having a hard time sleeping during the night you can try products that contain lavender such as doTerra’s Lavender essential oil in order to help you sleep.
- The sweet aroma of lavender can calm the senses thereby making it easier to relax and fall asleep. You can use the lavender essential oil while taking an evening bath before going to sleep.
- It can cure stress. Are you too stressed out because of your work or personal problems? Stress can be a precursor to a lot of illnesses such as heart diseases and even cancer.
- In order to avoid these unfortunate ailments it’s important that you use whatever means necessary to relieve stress. To this end, you can do aromatherapy at home or go to a spa and have a lavender essential oil treatment. If you decide to do the latter, make sure that they use certified pure therapeutic grade essential oil so that you will be able to have the maximum effects of relieving stress.
- Believe it or not, lavender essential oil is a natural diuretic. People who are having problems with urine flow can use lavender to help correct this disorder. It is important to note that frequent urine flow disorders can lead to other diseases such as kidney failure which is why it should be corrected as soon as possible. Lavender essential oil should be considered along with the care of your doctor for serious health issues.
- Hair care. You can use doTerra lavender essential oil as a natural hair maintenance product. Not only will you have shinier hair because it is a natural oil, you will also be able to avoid dandruff and lice due to the natural nourishing properties of the lavender essence.
- Skin care. Aside from making your hair look beautiful, you will also have glowing skin if you use lavender oil frequently. You can use it at night as a replacement for lotion, allowing the oil to do double duty as a skin nourishing treatment and sleep aid as you inhale the aroma in bed. Even if you have sensitive skin you don’t have to worry about lavender essential oil as it is mild and almost never causes allergies.
- People suffering from respiratory disorders. People who are suffering from asthma, bronchitis, and other respiratory disorders can try the aromatherapy using lavender oil or use it in vaporizers. Not only can it help to cure the disorder, it can also promote good blood circulation in the body.
Lavender essential oil is a wonderful multi-use oil that can aid with so many aspects of your life. You can pick up the very highest quality oils from doTerra – all natural and extracted gently to preserve the qualities of the plant.