Healthy Eating Sample Daily Meal Plans
To begin the day off right you start with a great breakfast that includes some protein or fat with a carbohydrate, then continue throughout the day with a variety of proteins, liquids, fruits, vegetables and milk products. Enjoy the healthy eating benefits.
Daily Healthy Meal Plan One:
- 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- 2 Tbs. grape nuts.
- 6 ounces of apple juice.
- Orange juice or apricot nectar.
- 1 and one-half cups of vegetable soup or 1 cup of cream of chicken soup.
- 6 one to one and one-half inch crackers (wheat or sesame).
- 1 slick of whole grain bread or 3/4 ounce slice of Swiss cheese spread with one TB. of peanut butter.
- 1 cup of chocolate milk or 1/2 cup reduced sugar ice cream.
- 2 ounces of raisins , dried fruit or 3 to 4 fresh plums.
- 6 ounce round steak or pork tenderloin.
- 4 ounces of mashed potatoes or Cole slaw (Cole slaw made with reduced-fat mayonnaise).
- 1 cup of broccoli steamed with 2 teaspoons of margarine and pepper.
- 4 to 6 ounces of gelatin (regular or sugar free) with strawberries or other berries.
Something saved from earlier in the day, 1 slice whole grain toast with margarine and spices, or 1 cup of milk regular or skim with diet soda, flavored water or tea.
Note: The evening snack is optional.
Daily Healthy Meal Plan Two:
- 1 fried egg fried in non stick pan or with 1 teaspoon of oil.
- 2 ounces of sausage.
- 2 Tbs. of white milk gravy.
- 6 ounces of tomato or pineapple juice.
- 4 ounces of Salisbury steak.
- 1/3rd cup of macaroni salad or steamed cauliflower.
- 1 hot roll with 1 teaspoon of margarine.
- 6 ounces of prepared butterscotch instant pudding (regular or sugar-free).
- 1 ice cream bar-4 ounce size with 1 graham cracker square (2 small rectangles) spread with 1 TB of cream cheese or jelly.
- 6 ounces of chicken breast or any fish.
- 6 ounces of bean sprouts or steamed zucchini.
- 2 ounces of mushrooms sprinkled with caraway seed if desired.
- 1 inch slice of French bread with 1 teaspoon of garlic butter.
- 4 ounces of red wine, diet soda, flavored water or tea.
10 Tips to Eating Healthy
I may not be an expert or a nutritionist but these are what I would say is my top ten best healthy eating tips…
- Don’t Starve Yourself! Don’t think that because you skipped a meal, you are healthier or better off… you’re not.
- Don’t Make Food Your Enemy! If you think of food as the “bad guy” you are more likely to become obsessed with food or obsessed with not eating it.
- Moderation is Important! Don’t completely cut out foods from your diet, instead cut down. Even sweets can have a spot in your diet but make sure you don’t over eat.
- Don’t Base How Healthy You Are On Your Food Choices Alone. Eating right is extremely important but know that even if you eat perfect (which is pretty much impossible) you should also get regular exercise and not base your health on your food habits or weight alone.
- Keep Track of Your Diet. Not only do you have to know the bad foods you’re eating but you also need to know the good foods you’re not eating enough of!
- Listen To Your Body. It knows when you’re full…
- Don’t Eat When You’re Stressed. You make bad choices and eat when you’re not hungry.
- Know What’s Best For you. Grilled is better then fried or seared. Whole grain is better then light colored.
- Drink Plenty of Water! Very good for you! Plus your body often confuses thirst for hunger and you eat when you should drink.
- Be Happy with Your Eating Choices. If you aren’t, you wont stick with your diet or new healthy way of eating.
Read more :