Why Apple Cider Vinegar Is Important In Your Life
As they say “an apple a day keeps doctor away” the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV is amazing for us. There are many ways that ACV can improve our quality of life.
What is ACV?
Apple Cider Vinegar is a variety of vinegar that is derived from the apple must or cider extract. ACV measured amount of bacteria and yeast are added for fermentation.
Used extensively as a part of salad dressing, pickles and chutneys, ACV has a distinct sour taste due to the presence of Acetic acid and Malic acid.
Apple Cider Vinegar as an important part of daily life
ACV has high levels of Polyphenols like Chlorogenic acid which works against the oxidation of LDL’s and strengthen the heart against cardiovascular diseases.
- ACV can potentially lower the cholesterol levels in the blood
- High blood pressure can be controlled by ACV
- Triglyceride and VLDL levels can be reduced by consuming ACV
Powerful medicine for Diabetes
Diabetes patients often struggle to balance their blood sugar levels. For them to stay healthy their blood sugar levels must not fluctuate. ACV is found to control blood sugar level due its anti-glycemic properties.
- ACV is thought to increase glucose absorption in the body
- ACV is known to fight against gastric discomfort
- It slows down the digestion of complex carbohydrates thereby assisting the body to lower the blood pressure.
- Some studies suggest that ACV improves insulin sensitivity
Sore throat is one of the most painful and annoying conditions that keep affecting us every now and then.
- ACV is said to be antibacterial and gargling it with some warm water is known to provide relief from pain and itching in the throat.
Lose few pounds
Consumption of ACV along with food is found to increase the level of satiety and maintain the blood sugar and glucose level in the body thereby improving the insulin sensitivity.
One experiences digestion problems when the acid content in the stomach gets imbalanced. Consuming ACV has shown to balance the acid content in the body thereby eliminating the gastric discomfort and acid reflux.
Another surprising benefit of ACV is to provide relief from sinus congestion. Sinus is characterized by increased mucous in the nasal cavity along with infection.
- ACV is found to decrease the mucous content in the body and provide relief
- Due to the antibacterial properties of ACV, bacterial infections-a common occurrence during sinus congestion is addressed.
Any minor skin irritations like insect bites, bumps or rashes can be treated by the topical application of the ACV. Topical application of ACV on warts has shown improvement in people with skin warts due to its acetic acid content.
Increases energy levels in the body
For normal fatigue and tiredness, consuming some ACV can be helpful.
- Due to its high content of potassium and useful enzymes ACV rejuvenates our system
- ACV also has amino acids which possibly may inhibit lactic acid build-up and boost energy in the body.
Other uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apart from all the amazing health benefits ACV can also be used for a host of other things such as:
- To keep the house clean and fresh, one can mop the floor surface with some ACV. The antibacterial property of ACV makes it an ideal ingredient that can be used while cleaning the floor or any surface.
- ACV can also be helpful to keep your garden clean from weeds.
- Foul odor can be addressed with a bowl containing ACV that is kept in the area where there is odor.
- ACV is a perfect solution to wash the fruits and vegetables to remove any traces of chemical sprays or residues. The ACV wash can also keep fruits and vegetables safe from bacteria.
- Aside from household benefits we can also use ACV for our beauty needs. ACV hair wash can remove product build-up and residue from the hair leaving it fresh and soft.
- Acne breakouts are controlled by topical application of ACV
- Dental hygiene can be attained by using diluted ACV rinse. It not only removes odor but whitens the teeth leaving your mouth fresh.
- For body odor, especially in underarms and foot, topical application of ACV is known to be effective.